Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Stop Scrolling, Start Doing

I spend a lot of time scrolling. I scroll through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and more. Sometimes I’m looking to see what my friends are doing, but a lot of time is spent just mindlessly scrolling. Working in social media, scrolling is a part of my daily life for each client. But personally? I need to stop scrolling and start doing. (Or at least reduce the scrolling.)

Stop scrolling, start doing.

Don’t get me wrong: many of my good friends I know through blogging or social media. It’s an essential form of communication for us. And for me, I find a lot of inspiration from scrolling sometimes. But procrastinating life by endless scrolling is a waste. Also a waste? Comparing yourself to the random person from middle school that you’re friends with on Facebook. That’s some bullshit.

This past week I got to spend some time with friends in Pigeon Forge, TN. I spent a good amount of time there scrolling social media for work, but the amount of time I spent on mindless personal scrolling was greatly reduced for a few days. And it was lovely.

Typically not a nature fan, but it was gorgeous:

2015-04-23 20.06.35

girls-trip1Yep, didn’t re-apply sunscreen enough!

girls-trip2Walking up a hill at a 20 degree incline? Bun killer!

1429816478572

Blissed out.

girls-trip3

Are you a scroller?

Stop Scrolling, Start Doing originally appeared on Authentically Emmie on April 29, 2015. If you are reading this on a different site or a different feed than Authentically Emmie, it has been taken without permission.

The post Stop Scrolling, Start Doing appeared first on Authentically Emmie.